Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft (MSFT), beat the markets estimates for the June quarter & also raised expectations for the next quarter. The company earned $2.17 a share on sales of $46.2 billion in its fiscal fourth-quarter ending June 30, beating analyst estimates of $1.92 a share on sales of $44.2 billion. Microsoft earnings jumped 49% while sales increased 21%.
Earning Highlights from others divisions:
- Microsoft’s commercial cloud sales increased 36% year over year to $19.5 billion in the quarter.
- Its Intelligent Cloud business unit, which includes server products and cloud services was the top performer in the June quarter with revenue soaring 30% to $17.4 billion.
- Revenue from Azure cloud infrastructure services also increased 51% in the period.
- Microsoft’s Productivity and Business Processes unit that includes Office productivity software as well as the Dynamics and LinkedIn businesses witnessed sales rise 25% to $14.7 billion.
- Microsoft’s More Personal Computing unit reported a 9% increase in sales to $14.1 billion for the quarter.
Microsoft expects to generate sales of $43.75 billion, up 18% from the same period last year, for the September quarter.
Redmond, Washington-based American multinational technology company Microsoft (MSFT) develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. To learn more about Microsoft (MSFT) and to track their progress please visit the Vista Partners Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.