As per reports, the Procter & Gamble Company (PG) has voluntarily recalled all lots of specific Secret aerosol spray antiperspirant products and Old Spice sold in Canada, due to the presence of cancer-causing benzene. Exposure to benzene can occur orally, by inhalation, and through the skin that can result in cancers including leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow and life-threatening blood disorders.
The affected products are used as antiperspirant spray products and are packaged in aerosol cans. Below is the list of recalled Product names and UPC codes :
- 037000728870: Old Spice Sweat Defense Pure Sport Plus Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g.
- 037000728863: Old Spice Sweat Defense Stronger Swagger Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g.
- 012044029053: Old Spice Sweat Defense Ultimate Captain Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g056100008965:
- 056100008965: Secret Baby Powder Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 122 g.
- 037000747765: Secret Outlast Completely Clean Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g.
- 037000747826: Secret Outlast Protecting Powder Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g.
- 037000729587: Secret Dry Spray Lavender Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g.
- 037000729600: Secret Dry Spray Waterlily Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g.
The company is conducting this recall out of caution and has not received any reports of disturbing events related to this recall. The recalled products were distributed nationwide in Canada through retail outlets and online. However, all the other Old Spice and Secret products are not impacted by this issue and may continue to be used as intended. The list includes a vast majority of our products, including body spray products, soft solids, solid sticks, and gel antiperspirants, and deodorant products.
The retailer has notified its retailers to remove products from shelves. Old Spice and Secret will also offer reimbursement for consumers who have purchased products impacted by this recall. Consumers are requested to stop using and appropriately discard the affected aerosol spray products.
The Procter & Gamble Company (PG), a Dow 30 component, supplies branded consumer packaged goods to consumers across the globe. To learn more about Procter & Gamble (PG) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Procter & Gamble Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.