Reportedly, JPMorgan Chase & Co’s (JPM) earnings fell short of analyst expectations as the bank built reserves for bad loans by $428 million, and suspended share buybacks.
- Earnings per share of $2.76 were reported versus $2.88 expected.
- Managed revenue stood at $31.63 billion versus the $31.95 billion expected.
- Profit declined 28% from a year earlier to $8.65 billion, or $2.76 a share.
- Managed revenue edged up 1% to $31.63 billion, helped by higher interest rates, but was still below analysts’ expectations.
- The bank had a $1.1 billion provision for credit losses in the quarter, including the $428 million reserve build and $657 million in net loan charge-offs for soured debt.
- Fixed income trading revenue climbed 15% to $4.71 billion, but was below analysts’ $5.14 billion estimates for the quarter.
- Equities trading revenue also jumped 15%, to $3.08 billion, which edged out the $2.96 billion estimate.
- Net interest income increased 19% to $15.2 billion for the quarter, exceeding analysts’ $14.98 billion estimates.
With the above outlook, JPMorgan has opted to “temporarily” suspended its share repurchases to help it reach regulatory capital requirements. Also, last month, the bank was forced to keep its dividend unchanged while rivals boosted their payouts.
JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM) is a global financial service leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset management, and commercial banking. To learn more about JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners JPMorgan Chase & Co. Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, receive our FREE email updates throughout the week, and view our exclusive content and research.