The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company’s Media Networks segment operates cable programming businesses under the ESPN, Disney, and Freeform brands; broadcast businesses, including ABC TV Network and eight owned television stations; and radio businesses. It also produces original live-action and animated television programming to first-run syndication and television markets; and subscription video-on-demand services and in home entertainment formats, as well as operates ESPN+, a direct-to-consumer streaming service providing multi-sports content. Its Parks and Resorts segment owns and operates the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the Disneyland Resort in California. This segment also operates Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii, Disney Vacation Club, Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line, and Adventures by Disney; and manages Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Shanghai Disney Resort, as well as licenses its intellectual property to a third party for the operations of the Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan. The company’s Studio Entertainment segment produces and acquires live-action and animated motion pictures for distribution in the theatrical, home entertainment, and television markets primarily under the Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Touchstone banners. This segment also produces stage plays and musical recordings; licenses and produces live entertainment events; and provides visual and audio effects, and other post-production services. Its Consumer Products & Interactive Media segment licenses its trade names, characters, and visual and literary properties; develops and publishes mobile games, books, magazines, and comic books; distributes branded merchandise directly through retail, online, and wholesale businesses; offers Website management and design; and develops and distributes online video content. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Burbank, California.
vista's key points
- Global generational brand.
- Amazingly rich amount of content.
- Disney's Marvel and Lucasfilm movies include the most popular franchises of all time.
- A pervasive TV empire i.e. ESPN, ABC, Disney Channel, Freeform, Lifetime, and National Geographic.
- The Disneyland & Walt Disney World theme parks continue to be favorite vacation destinations for all ages.
- Millennials overtook baby boomers as America's largest generation and are seeking to entertain their kids.
- Expanding middle classes in emerging markets
- Streaming- The acquisition of Fox gave Disney a majority stake in Hulu & Disney+ base is growing significantly.
- Disney enjoys cross-pollination opportunities across its assets.
- Strong cash flow and rich dividend history.
1 March 2024 | 9:15 pm
1 March 2024 | 9:10 pm
1 March 2024 | 5:17 pm
Stay Informed. Stay Competitive with FREE Insights on the Stock Market, Dow 30 & Emerging Opportunities.Get Free Email Updates