As per reports, Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) is riding high on its Covid-19 antiviral molnupiravir that is expected to bring in as much as $7 billion in global sales through 2022, the figure includes up to $1 billion in revenue this year if the experimental drug is authorized in December. Merck’s Molnupiravir has become one of the most highly anticipated coronavirus medications, as the pill is relatively cheap to make and easy to transport.
Merck raised its annual forecast as its quarterly profit and revenue exceeded Wall Street’s expectations. Adjusted earnings for the year will be $5.65 to $5.70 a share, up from the earlier guidance of $5.47 to $5.57. Revenue will be $47.4 billion to $47.9 billion in comparison to the earlier guidance that exceeded $47.4 billion. The figures do not include potential molnupiravir sales.
• Adjusted earnings were $1.75 a share, beating analysts average estimate by 20 cents, and revenue was $13.2 billion, compared with Wall Street expectations of $12.3 billion.
• Sales of its pneumococcal vaccine, Pneumovax 23, dropped nearly 30%, driven by lower demand in the United States reflecting prioritization of the Covid-19 vaccine.
• Sales of the papillomavirus vaccine Gardasil were $1.99 billion, exceeding estimates.
• Sales of blockbuster cancer drug Keytruda and the diabetes medications Januvia and Janumet also exceeded Wall Street expectations.
• Animal health sales were $1.42 billion, in line with expectations.
• Gardasil sales were boosted by about 68% year-over-year.
Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) is a global healthcare solutions provider that has been working towards bringing forward medicine and vaccines for some of the world’s most challenging diseases for more than a century. They are committed to increasing health care access and continue to be at the leading edge of research. Merck has the industry’s largest immuno-oncology clinical research program. To learn more about Merck (MRK) and to track its ongoing progress please visit the Vista Partners Merck Coverage Page.
If you liked this story please consider, visiting the Atossa Therapeutics (ATOS) dedicated page at Vista Partners to learn about the Seattle-based biotech firm’s work towards finding therapeutic treatments for Breast Cancer and the Coronavirus.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research. Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.