fbpx

Stay Informed. Stay Competitive. Get Free Email Updates Dow 30 & Emerging Growth

Stay Informed. Stay Competitive.

Get Free Updates

Dow 30 & Emerging Growth

Nike Announces Re-Opening Of Its Nike Sport Research Lab (NSRL) In Beaverton, OR

By John F. Heerdink, Jr.

As per reports, NIKE, Inc. (NKE) announced the re-opening of its Nike Sport Research Lab (NSRL) in the new LeBron James Innovation Center, placed at the center of Nike’s campus in Beaverton, Oregon.

The new NSRL is five times larger than the original,  created 40 years ago in Exeter, New Hampshire, to test and create products to help athletes perform. The new center house is equipped with the world’s largest motion-capture installation with over 400 cameras, a full-size basketball court, body mapping equipment, a 200-meter endurance track, a 100-meter straight away, and an artificial turf training pitch assisting Nike to capture athletes in motion. Also, the center has four advanced climate chambers that can mimic a variety of conditions. 

Nike informed that 85% or 4 million pounds of construction debris were diverted from landfills through Nike’s partnership with Waste Management; 70% of the wood used in the building is from sustainable sources, and 100% is from noncontroversial sources. The center will also run on 100% renewable electricity and features a 322 kW rooftop solar array, which is expected to generate about 10% of the building’s electricity. The remaining 90% of electricity is 100% renewable, serviced by wind farms in the Columbia Gorge.

“Our goal every single day is to make athletes better and to make the world better for athletes. Understanding more types of bodies, more genders, more backgrounds and different ability levels helps us create better and more specific product,” stated Kathy Gomez, VP of Footwear Innovation.


NIKE, Inc. (NKE) is the world’s top designer, marketer, and distributor of athletic footwear, equipment, apparel, and accessories. The Beaverton, Oregon-based company offers products for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. To learn more about NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners NIKE Coverage Page.

 
 
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
 
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, receive our FREE email updates throughout the week, and view our exclusive content and research.
(Read Original Story: New LeBron James Innovation Center is the home of Nike's new Sport Research Lab in Yahoo Finance)


YOUR GUIDE TO STAYING INFORMED IN THE MARKETS

Subscribe for FREE Email Updates & Access To EXCLUSIVE Research!

Connect with us