As per reports, the Walt Disney Company (DID) reported stronger-than-expected growth in streaming subscribers across all of its media platforms, but raised concerns over the impact of Covid on its theme parks in Asia. Total Disney+ subscriptions increased to 137.7 million during the fiscal second quarter, higher than the 135 million analysts had forecast.
- Adjusted Earnings per share of $1.08 were reported.
- Revenue of $19.25 billion was reported, including a $1 billion reduction resulting from the early termination of some licensing agreements.
- Disney+ total subscriptions of 137.7 million were reported versus 135 million expected.
- Average revenue per user (ARPU) for domestic Disney+ subscribers was up 5% to $6.32.
- Disney’s parks, experiences, and products segment witnessed revenues more than double to $6.7 billion during the quarter, compared to the prior-year period, fueled by increased attendance, hotel bookings, and cruise ship sailings, as well as higher ticket prices and higher, spend on food, beverage, and merchandise.
- Disney said its domestic parks are beginning to see the return from international travelers, but not at pre-pandemic levels.
Dow 30 Component, The Walt Disney Company (DIS), and its subsidiaries is a diversified worldwide entertainment company that operates in four business segments: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, and Consumer Products & Interactive Media. To learn more about this Dow 30 Component, The Walt Disney Company (DIS), and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Walt Disney Company, Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, receive our FREE email updates throughout the week, and view our exclusive content and research.