As per reports, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) cut its full-year adjusted profit and sales forecast due to a hit from a stronger dollar, even though the company’s pharmaceuticals unit boosted its second-quarter profit.
The company’s largest unit, pharmaceuticals have helped the company offset the blow from its pandemic-battered medical device business. Sales of cancer drug Darzalex and Crohn’s disease drug Stelara witnessed double-digit growth, pushing second-quarter profits to beat estimates.
- Total sales increased about 3% to $24.02 billion, with nearly half of the sales coming from outside the United States.
- In the reported quarter, sales at the company’s medical devices unit dropped 1.1% to $6.90 billion, hurt by COVID-19-related mobility restrictions in certain regions.
- J&J also reported $544 million in sales from its COVID-19 vaccine.
- The company’s net earnings fell to $4.81 billion, or $1.80 per share, in the second quarter, from $6.28 billion, or $2.35 per share, a year earlier.
- The company now expects a full-year adjusted profit of $10.00 to $10.10 per share, from its prior forecast of $10.15 to $10.35.
Dow 30 component Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is a worldwide healthcare-focused company that embraces research and science so that it can provide customers with innovative ideas, products, and services. To learn more about Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and to continue to track its progress visit the Vista Partners Johnson & Johnson Coverage Page.
If you liked this story please consider, visiting the Atossa Therapeutics (ATOS) dedicated page at Vista Partners to learn about the Seattle-based biotech firm’s work towards finding therapeutic treatments for Breast Cancer and the Coronavirus.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, receive our FREE email updates throughout the week, and view our exclusive content and research.