Reportedly, the Procter & Gamble Company (PG) third-quarter earnings exceeded analyst estimates as consumers continue to purchase more cleaning supplies and also bounce back to buying beauty products.
Key Earning Highlights for the quarter ending March 31:
- Earnings per share of $1.26 were reported versus $1.19 expected.
- Revenue of $18.1 billion was reported versus $17.9 billion expected.
- Net income increased to $3.27 billion, or $1.26 per share, up from $2.92 billion, or $1.12 per share, a year earlier.
- Net sales surged 5% to $18.1 billion, beating expectations of $17.9 billion.
- Organic revenue rose 4% in the quarter.
- The company’s fabric and home care segment, which includes Comet cleaning products, witnessed organic sales growth of 7% from a year earlier.
- The company’s beauty segment also reported organic revenue growth of 7%. Consumers started buying skin-care products, like its premium SK-II brand, again, and Chinese customers led growth in hair-care products.
- The healthcare business reported organic sales to grow by 3% in the quarter. The growth was mainly driven by the segment’s oral care products, which include Oral B toothbrushes.
- Baby, feminine, and family care was the only segment that reported declining organic sales, as competition rose.
- The company’s grooming segment, which includes Gillette and Venus, saw organic sales growth of 4%. Organic sales of shaving appliances rose more than 20%.
- The company viewed its fiscal 2021 outlook, forecasting sales growth of 5% to 6% and adjusted earnings growth of 8% to 10%.
The company also informed that it will raise prices on some of its products to combat rising commodity costs.
The Procter & Gamble Company (PG), a Dow 30 component, supplies branded consumer packaged goods to consumers across the globe. To learn more about Procter & Gamble (PG) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Procter & Gamble Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.