Reportedly, Apple (AAPL) misses fourth-quarter earnings estimates with its iPhone, Mac, and Wearables businesses coming up short amid the ongoing chip shortage.
Some key figures from the release:
- Revenue of $83.36 billion was reported versus $84.68 billion expected.
- Earnings per share of $1.24 were reported versus $1.24 expected.
- iPhone revenue stood at $38.87 billion versus $41.60 billion expected.
- Mac generated revenue of $9.18 billion versus $9.30 billion expected.
- iPad revenue was $8.25 billion versus $7.16 billion estimated.
- The iPhone giant reported services revenue of $18.28 billion versus $17.57 billion markets estimates.
- Wearables generated revenue of $8.79 billion versus $9.27 billion expected
- Quarterly revenue was up 29% year-over-year.
Apple’s Q4 generally provides an early look at how well the latest iPhone model is performing, since the phone traditionally launches in the middle of the quarter. The iPhone 13 has shown a moderate improvement over the iPhone 12 in terms of design and performance, but its cameras have been a major selling point.
Dow 30 component Apple (AAPL) has revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Apple’s four software platforms — iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay, and iCloud. Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to “leaving the world better than they found it. To learn more about Apple (AAPL) and track its ongoing progress at Vista Partners Apple (AAPL), Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, receive our FREE email updates throughout the week, and view our exclusive content and research.