Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: KDNY), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of precision medicines for kidney diseases, announced on Thursday, April 15th six poster presentations at the ISN World Congress of Nephrology 2021 (WCN ’21).
“The depth and breadth of our presence at this year’s WCN ’21 is a testament to Chinook’s role as a leading kidney disease company. Our data demonstrating BION-1301’s ability to significantly reduce Gd-IgA1 levels in healthy volunteers, as well as the favorable pharmacodynamics of subcutaneous administration of BION-1301, position the program well to move forward in demonstrating its disease-modifying potential for IgA nephropathy patients. In addition, our preclinical poster presentations on atrasentan provide broader insights into its anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory properties that are additive and complementary to its proteinuria-lowering mechanism of action.” stated Eric Dobmeier, president and chief executive officer of Chinook.
Here are Chinook’s highlighted posters:
- Poster presentation on BION-1301 including Gd-IgA1 biomarker data in healthy volunteers from Parts 1 and 2 of the ongoing phase 1b study of BION-1301 and data from the phase 1 IV to SC bioavailability study in healthy volunteers
- Poster presentation on atrasentan’s effect to rapidly reduce albuminuria and downregulate intra-renal transcriptional proliferative, inflammatory and fibrotic signaling in the gddY mouse IgAN model
- Poster presentation on atrasentan’s effect to attenuate human renal mesangial cell activation induced by endothelin-1 or IgAN patient immune-derived immune complexes in a translational model system
- Two informational poster presentations on the phase 3 ALIGN trial design for atrasentan in IgA nephropathy (IgAN) and the phase 2 AFFINITY trial design for atrasentan in proteinuric glomerular diseases
- Encore poster presentation on CHK-336, a first-in-class oral small molecule lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA) inhibitor with the potential to treat all subtypes of primary hyperoxaluria (PH) and other disorders arising from excess oxalate
Chinook Therapeutics (NASDAQ: KDNY) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing precision medicines for kidney diseases. Kidney diseases are a severe and growing problem worldwide, with a lack of effective treatments often leading to dialysis, transplantation and high costs to health care systems. Drug development in kidney diseases is experiencing a resurgence due to greater understanding of disease biology, utilization of novel translational platforms and patient stratification tools, and emergence of accelerated regulatory pathways based on surrogate endpoints.
Discover more about Chinook Therapeutics at the Vista’s VP Watchlist page by clicking here.
On Thursday, April 15th CEO Eric Dobmeier & CBO Tom Frohlich of Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: KDNY), delivered a presentation titled “Revolutionizing The Treatment of Kidney Disease.” If you missed the event, please consider viewing the event video now at the Tribe Pubic YouTube Channel by clicking here!