Chinook Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing precision medicines for kidney diseases. Chinook’s product candidates are being investigated in rare, severe chronic kidney disorders with opportunities for well-defined clinical pathways. Chinook’s lead program is atrasentan, a phase 3 endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of IgA nephropathy and proteinuric glomerular diseases. BION-1301, an anti-APRIL monoclonal antibody is being evaluated in a phase 1/2 trial for IgA nephropathy. CHK-336, an oral small molecule LDHA inhibitor for the treatment of hyperoxalurias, is being evaluated in a phase 1 clinical trial in healthy volunteers. In addition, Chinook is advancing research programs for other rare, severe chronic kidney diseases. Chinook is building its pipeline by leveraging insights in kidney single cell RNA sequencing, human-derived organoids and new translational models, to discover and develop therapeutics with differentiating mechanisms of action against key kidney disease pathways.
To learn more, visit www.chinooktx.com.
vista's key points
- Chronic kidney diseases are a severe and growing worldwide problem with a lack of effective treatments often leading to dialysis, transplantation and high costs to health care systems. In the U.S. alone, kidney diseases affect an estimated 37 million people and account for over $120 billion in annual costs.
- Our pipeline of precision medicines target rare, severe kidney disorders with few currently approved therapies.
- Chinook’s experienced research and development team has partnered with academic founders and key opinion leaders to identify targets and utilize novel translational technologies to develop precision medicines for kidney diseases.
- Their scientific and clinical findings have been presented and published in peer-reviewed forums, and a selection of these have been curated for reference at https://www.chinooktx.com/pipeline/publications/
- Well-funded: Cash Position – Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities totaled $397.7 million at September 30, 2022, compared to $355.1 million at December 31, 2021.
- Atrasentan is a potent and selective endothelin A (ETA) receptor antagonist that has potential therapeutic benefit in multiple chronic kidney diseases by reducing proteinuria and having direct anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic effects to preserve kidney function. The phase 3 ALIGN trial of atrasentan is currently enrolling patients with IgAN, and the phase 2 AFFINITY basket trial of atrasentan is currently enrolling patients with proteinuric glomerular disease.
- No News
Stay Informed. Stay Competitive with FREE Insights on the Stock Market, Dow 30 & Emerging Opportunities.Get Free Email Updates