The retail giant, Walmart Stores, Inc. (WMT) with 1.4 million in its collective workforce in the U.S is launching various healthcare pilot programs for its U.S employees starting January 1 in an attempt to cut healthcare costs which are a major expense for the retailer after wages, as per reports. The program will be held in parts of Arkansas, Florida, and Texas and will help connect patients with local doctors rather than relying on other mediums to find a doctor.
Some key highlights from Walmart’s healthcare and wellness initiatives:
- The company to test a concierge service in North Carolina and South Carolina, and offer assistance with issues like billing, fixing appointments, understanding a diagnosis and finding a provider.
- Launching a program in Colorado, Wisconsin, and Minnesota and offering patients to video chat with a doctor from home at $4 per chat.
- The retailer to offer workers access to fitness clubs at low rates.
- Expanding education, health, and wellness market in the country by offering healthcare degrees, low priced generic drugs and prescriptions at its pharmacies
- Walmart recently signed a deal with the country’s largest insurers, Anthem Inc to encourage more Medicare enrollees for buying over-the-counter medicines and supplies.
Walmart Stores, Inc. (WMT) is a worldwide retailer that operates in various formats. The three segments of the company include Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam’s Club. The company is comprised of discount stores, supermarkets, supercenters, hypermarkets, warehouse clubs, cash and carry stores, home improvement stores, specialty electronics stores, apparel stores, drug stores, convenience stores, and membership-only warehouse clubs; and retail Websites. To learn more about Walmart (WMT) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Walmart Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive!
Post View Count : 1470