Recently, Wal-mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) reported their Q2 earnings ending 31st July, beating analysts’ expectations.
Here are some highlights:
1. Adjusted Earnings per share of $1.27 reported vs $1.22 expected.
2. An increase of 1.8% at $130.38 billion in revenue was reported vs. $130.11 billion expected.
3. Same-store sales were up 2.8% vs. 2.1% expected.
4. Net income increased to $3.61 billion, or $1.26 per share, in comparison to a net loss of $861 million, or 29 cents a share, a year earlier.
5. Net sales rose 2.9% to $85.20 billion from $82.82 billion a year earlier in the U.S.
6. Transactions were up by 0.6% during the quarter, in comparison to a 2.7% increase a year ago.
7. E-commerce sales surged 37% during the quarter
Wal-mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) is a worldwide retailer that operates in various formats. The three segments of the company include Wal-mart U.S., Wal-mart International, and Sam’s Club. The company is comprised of discount stores, supermarkets, supercenters, hypermarkets, warehouse clubs, cash and carry stores, home improvement stores, specialty electronics stores, apparel stores, drug stores, convenience stores, and membership-only warehouse clubs; and retail Websites. To learn more about Walmart (WMT) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Walmart Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive!