fbpx

Stay Informed. Stay Competitive. Get Free Email Updates Dow 30 & Emerging Growth

Stay Informed. Stay Competitive.

Get Free Updates

Dow 30 & Emerging Growth

Walgreens Enters Deal To Fully Acquire German GEHE-Alliance Healthcare JV

By John F. Heerdink, Jr.

Reportedly, Walgreen Boots Alliance (WBA) and McKesson Corporation have reached an agreement for WBA to acquire the remaining 30% share of the joint venture of GEHE Pharma Handel (GEHE) and Alliance Healthcare Deutschland (AHD). The deal will allow WBA to become the 100% owner of the combined GEHE and Alliance Healthcare businesses in Germany. GEHE and AHD successfully combined their operations in the German pharmaceutical market on November 1, 2020, where WBA became the 70% owner of the joint venture with McKesson holding the remaining 30%.

 The financial terms of the transaction have not been disclosed, and the transaction is subject to regulatory clearance by the authorities.

“We are very pleased to have reached agreement with McKesson to take full control of our joint German pharmaceutical wholesaling operations. This new, exciting step enables Walgreens Boots Alliance to further strengthen its position as a leading pharmaceutical wholesaler in Germany. We thank McKesson for their partnership in forming and developing our joint venture and look forward to further improving our innovative services to manufacturers and pharmacists in Germany,” stated Ornella Barra, Chief Operating Officer, International, Walgreens Boots Alliance.
 

Walgreen Boots Alliance (WBA) is a pharmacy-led, health and well-being enterprise with a long history of trusted healthcare services, community pharmacy care, and pharmaceutical wholesaling dates. To learn more about Walgreen Boots Alliance (WBA) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Walgreens Boots Alliance Page.

Walgreens Boots Alliance and McKesson to Create German Wholesale Joint Venture


Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.

Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners, receive our FREE email updates throughout the week, and view our exclusive content and research.

(Read Original Story: Walgreens Boots Alliance Acquires Remaining Stake in German GEHE-Alliance Healthcare Joint Venture From McKesson in Business Wire)


YOUR GUIDE TO STAYING INFORMED IN THE MARKETS

Subscribe for FREE Email Updates & Access To EXCLUSIVE Research!

Connect with us