Stay Informed. Stay Competitive. Get Free Email Updates Dow 30 & Emerging Growth

Stay Informed. Stay Competitive.

Get Free Updates

Dow 30 & Emerging Growth

Walgreens Boots Alliance Enters Joint Venture With McKesson

By John F. Heerdink, Jr.

Walgreen Boots Alliance (WBA) is a pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise with a long history of trusted healthcare services, community pharmacy care, and pharmaceutical wholesaling dates.

Reportedly, Walgreens Boots Alliance and McKesson Corporation are entering into a joint venture to merge their respective pharmaceutical wholesale businesses in Germany. WBA is set to own a 70% equity share in the joint venture and McKesson the remaining 30%. The venture to enhance and improve services and operational activities ensuring utmost customer satisfaction. In addition to the above, the deal is also expected to broaden economies of scale, encourage the competitiveness of the German pharmaceutical wholesale market.

The transaction is expected to close in at least 6 months and does not include any other WBA or McKesson businesses outside of the German wholesale activities. Financial terms of the agreement have not been disclosed yet.

Ornella Barra, Co-Chief Operating Officer, WBA, stated: “Combining our wholesale operations is the right decision to secure the long-term success of both businesses. This is a strategic step that will offer benefits for all. We are creating a sustainable company to drive success for our customers and the German healthcare system.”

To learn more about Walgreen Boots Alliance (WBA) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Walgreens Boots Alliance Page.

Walgreens Boots Alliance and McKesson to Create German Wholesale Joint Venture

Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.

Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Join us at Vista Partners!


Post View Count : 495
(Read Original Story: Walgreens Boots Alliance and McKesson to Create German Wholesale Joint Venture in Business Wire)


Subscribe for FREE Email Updates & Access To EXCLUSIVE Research!

Connect with us