Dow 30 component UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) operates as a diversified health and well-being company in the United States. The company’s UnitedHealthcare segment offers consumer-oriented health benefit plans and services for national employers, public sector employers, mid-sized employers, small businesses, individuals, and military service members; and health care coverage, and health and well-being services to individuals aged 50 and older addressing their needs for preventive and acute health care services.
Reportedly, UnitedHealthcare and Optum are taking steps to ensure the care for health plan members and patients affected by COVID-19 & that they have the necessary guidance and diagnostics they need.
“Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our members and patients – and the safety of those who deliver care. While the situation is dynamic, we are committed to adapting and supporting those we serve.” stated Dr. Richard Migliori, chief medical officer, UnitedHealth Group.
Here’s a list of their actions initiated & offered support Members, Patients, and Community:
- Individuals are recommended to get in touch with their primary care provider in case of any exposure to COVID-19.
- All member cost-sharing, including copays, deductibles, and coinsurance for COVID-19 diagnostic testing taken at approved locations in line with CDC guidelines for all insured, Medicaid and Medicare members has been waived by UnitedHealthcare.
- Free helpline number open for all is available at (866) 342-6892, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to offer emotional guidance to those suffering from stress and anxiety around the coronavirus outbreak. Online help can be availed at www.liveandworkwell.com.
- Appropriate measures are to be incorporated to ensure well-equipped, compassionate care to COVID-19 patients. Measures to limit the spread of the virus by proper training on the CDC safety and clinical care protocols are ensured.
- Health plan members can use UnitedHealthcare’s Virtual Visit* capability, on the UnitedHealthcare app, to get their queries or concerns answered on the COVID-19.
- Individuals are encouraged to stay informed by visiting the CDC website, including current scenarios and help regarding travel plans on CDC travel guidance.
To learn more about (UNH) please visit the Vista Partners Company Dedicated UNH Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.