As per reports, The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV) published its annual Community Report that includes its 2020 charitable contributions of nearly $23 million, bringing the company’s total giving over the past decade to approximately $225 million. The company’s charitable activities 2020 included more than $5 million to COVID-19 relief efforts and $1 million towards racial equity across the United States.
“Taking care of our communities is fundamental to who we are, and that’s even more apparent in times of crises,” “Our charitable support over the past year not only focused on longstanding partnerships related to education, community development and the arts but also addressed a range of challenges that affected the neighborhoods where we live and work.” stated Marlene Ibsen, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Travelers Foundation and Vice President of Community Relations at Travelers.
- Around $5 million was donated to support organizations focused on supporting educational initiatives.
- The company’s signature education program, Travelers EDGE® Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment, assisted more than 90 students with a direct scholarship or stipend to assist them as they worked toward earning bachelor’s degrees.
- Around 80 homes were rebuilt to FORTIFIED™ standards in the United States
- Families in need across Connecticut were assisted with more than 60,000 meals and 20,000 pounds of beef.
- The company’s Small Business Risk Education program allowed more than 650 representatives from women-, minority- and veteran-owned small businesses to attend free workshops and webinars.
Dow 30 component, The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV) is an insurance provider of property-casualty insurance for home, auto, and business. To learn more about The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV) and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Travelers Companies, Inc. Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.