The Walt Disney Company (DIS) reported strong Q4 earnings recording more than 73M paid subscribers to its Disney+ streaming service by the end of the quarter exceeding expectations. The company reported a loss per share of 20 cents, vs 71 cents expected and $14.71 billion in revenue in comparison to $14.20 billion expected.
The pandemic has mostly affected the company’s park division due to local restrictions that have forced temporary closures or limited operational capacity. The theme parks in Florida, Shanghai, Japan, and Hong Kong remain open with limited capacity, however, Paris Disneyland and California Parks continue to remain closed.
- Parks, Experiences, and Products reported $2.58 billion, down 61% year over year.
- Media Networks generated $7.21 billion, up 11% year over year.
- Studio Entertainment contributed $1.60 billion, down 52% year over year
- Direct-to-Consumer and International revenue stood at $4.85 billion, up 41% year over year
- Revenues in Disney’s studio entertainment segment dropped 52% to $1.6 billion, caused by lower theatrical and home entertainment results.
- Cable networks operating income fell 7% year over year to $1.2 billion.
- Disney estimated costs related to the pandemic of $1 billion in the fiscal year 2021, subject to changes depending on local restrictions.
Dow 30 Component, The Walt Disney Company (DIS), and its subsidiaries is a diversified worldwide entertainment company that operates in four business segments: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, and Consumer Products & Interactive Media. To learn more about this Dow 30 Component, The Walt Disney Company (DIS), and to continue to track its progress please visit the Vista Partners Walt Disney Company, Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.