Dow 30 component Apple (AAPL) has revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s four software platforms — iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to “leaving the world better than they found it.
Apple released its Q4 earnings on Wednesday, performing above analyst expectations.
Highlights from the earnings report are as follows:
- Revenue of $64 billion reported vs. $62.99 billion estimated.
- EPS of $3.03 vs an estimate of $2.84 was recorded.
- iPhone sales though down by 9% managed to generate revenue of $33.36 billion vs. $32.42 billion estimates, witnessing a major improvement in comparison to previous quarters.
- Services including AppleCare warranties and subscriptions like iCloud reported revenue of $12.51 billion vs. $12.15 billion estimates.
- Apple’s subscription business grew 40% year-over-year reporting 450 million paid subscriptions on Apple’s platform.
- Wearables, including AirPods earbuds, earned a revenue of $6.52 billion up by 54% for the quarter, signaling it to be the company’s fastest-growing segment.
Apple CEO Tim Cook highlighted the strong holiday forecast and stated: “We’re very optimistic about what the holiday quarter has in store. Outside of iPhone, we grew 17% year on year and underneath that, wearables were well over 50%, continuing the strong momentum of accelerating that’s driven by Apple Watch and AirPods,” as reported to CNBC.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Sign Up to receive FREE email updates here!
Post View Count : 157