Dow 30 component, 3M (MMM) released its sales figures for the month of November 2020.
- Total sales for November increased 8 percent year-on-year to $2.9 billion.
- Totals sales in Safety and Industrial increased 16 percent in both, and Consumer, while Health Care unit grew 5 percent, and Transportation and Electronics rose by 3 percent.
- On a geographic basis, total sales increased 10 percent in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), 5 percent in the Asia Pacific, and 9 percent in the Americas.
- Through November, 3M recorded fourth-quarter to-date total sales of $5.7 billion.
Organic sales figures:
- Organic local-currency sales increased 7 percent, while divestitures dropped sales by 1 percent. Foreign currency translation rose sales by 2 percent year-on-year.
- Organic local-currency sales increased 14 percent in Safety and Industrial, 15 percent in Consumer, 7 percent in Health Care, and 1 percent in Transportation and Electronics.
- Organic local-currency sales increased 11 percent in the Americas, 7 percent in EMEA, and were flat in the Asia Pacific. China increased by 13 percent, and Japan decreased by 5 percent.
3M (MMM) is a global science company that seems to never stop inventing. Using 46 technology platforms, their integrated team of scientists and researchers works with customers to create breakthroughs. Their inventions have improved daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. With $30 billion in sales, 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Scientists, researchers, and marketers work across countries and across subjects to solve challenges big and small. To learn more about 3M (MMM) and to track its ongoing progress please visit the Vista Partners 3M (MMM), Coverage Page.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Please join us at Vista Partners and receive our FREE email updates throughout the week and view our exclusive content and research.